Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Inception Review : A Fun, Intellectual Thrill Ride! -spoilers warning

A Fun, Intellectual Thrill Ride! -spoilers warning

Great movie, there were some pre-teens behind us in the theatre and they all hated it repeatedly saying how confused they were. That made me laugh as I enjoyed this fun and fast-paced romp. If you went in with no expectations and a semblance of an intellect, you probably were thrilled and still challenged to keep pace with the events. If you came in expecting a bubble-gum action pic, you got disapointed and I am glad you did, wait for the next Transformers movie. This movie required patience and thought to follow so if you hated it you probably don't posess those qualites. I thought it was an inventive and well resolved plot, Yes, the ending leaves you guessing if it too was a dream, but that's what the Director wanted to do. At least respect Nolan had a vision for his film. I find it interesting that in the final level with the partial repeated opening scene that Saito was very old. This means he lived a long time in the dream, trapped for decades and waiting for Cobb to find him. And when he was asking Cobb if he was going to kill him he was actually saying are you going to rescue me now? I find that revelation to be chilling and very effective. This one is well worth repeated viewings and I am going to be waiting for the blu-ray with great anticipation!

No comments:

Post a Comment